Friday, January 2, 2009

The Daniel Fast

Welcome to the official blog of New Day Church's 21-day Daniel Fast.  If you are reading this, it's probably because you have chosen to set your heart with ours towards Jesus at the beginning of 2009. If you haven't yet decided, I only have one question for you, "What have you got to lose?" Well, I'm hoping to lose a lot more than a few flabby pounds. I want to lose my pride, my self-centeredness, and a few other things along the way! Let's lose some stuff together. How about it?

The purpose of this blog is to provide encouragement and a place to share prayer requests as well as answers to prayer. So I'm counting on you to post comments on your progress and share with others, who you may not even know, about what God is doing in your life during this next 21 days. I'll do my best to post every 1-2 days a verse or comment from Jentezen Franklin's fasting journal, or just to tell you how Joni and I are doing on our fasting journey.

I look forward to seeing the breakthrough that Isaiah 58 promises when we set our hearts to fast and pray and do righteous acts along the way.

Blessings!

No comments: